Egg candling confusion

I dont think the lighting was done good enough to see veins so gonna try again tonight.

I'm not sure what their situation was but apparently theirs havent hatched either. Supposedly the eggs were under another duck.

Just hoping for the best 😅
I'm crossing my fingers for you! :fl
Hmm, thats tricky. Who knows how good of a job that other duck did, and were these people got the eggs from in the first place. Candle when it gets dark and see if you can see veins. If not, and no movement, post photos in another thread for other members to verify. If they're concluded dead, try to get some ducklings for her from a feed store, she'll appreciate it.
I'm hoping for the best as well! I have experience with failed duck hatches, those weren't very pretty though. Crossing my fingers!

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :fl
Hmm, thats tricky. Who knows how good of a job that other duck did, and were these people got the eggs from in the first place. Candle when it gets dark and see if you can see veins. If not, and no movement, post photos in another thread for other members to verify. If they're concluded dead, try to get some ducklings for her from a feed store, she'll appreciate it.
I'm hoping for the best as well! I have experience with failed duck hatches, those weren't very pretty though. Crossing my fingers!
Thank you so much for all your help! It's been a long interesting experience or at least it feels like that lol

Do you enjoy incubating or using a broody?

Thank you so much for all your help! It's been a long interesting experience or at least it feels like that lol

Calculate the time frame of development and adjust the humidity, to me it looks really close to hatching. From what I can see from the picture, when 3/4 of the egg is a dark mass, the chick is almost fully formed.

I love incubating! Its definitely my favorite. The sound of the bator, and the responsibility is amazing. Nothing will ever replace a broody though. I have half these eggs under the broody, same batch, shipped in the same box from the same farm. All were stored the same after shipment, and almost all of mine have quit, were all of hers are still going strong. Its really incredible. I know my incubator is calibrated correctly and works good, because my friend who I'm borrowing the bator from had an almost perfect hatch in the past.
I like the broody because they do a better job. I think she's gonna get a great hatch rate. Broody's can sense whats going on in each individual egg, and adjust to help it thrive. I like the broody better if they do a better job. If the eggs haven't been through trauma and can do alright in a bator, I prefer to do it myself. Overall, its an amazing experience.
Sorry for the novel lol!

I love incubating! Its definitely my favorite. The sound of the bator, and the responsibility is amazing. Nothing will ever replace a broody though. I have half these eggs under the broody, same batch, shipped in the same box from the same farm. All were stored the same after shipment, and almost all of mine have quit, were all of hers are still going strong. Its really incredible. I know my incubator is calibrated correctly and works good, because my friend who I'm borrowing the bator from had an almost perfect hatch in the past.
I like the broody because they do a better job. I think she's gonna get a great hatch rate. Broody's can sense whats going on in each individual egg, and adjust to help it thrive. I like the broody better if they do a better job. If the eggs haven't been through trauma and can do alright in a bator, I prefer to do it myself. Overall, its an amazing experience.
Sorry for the novel lol!
Don't worry, I was interested in reading lol :) do you plan on selling what you hatch? Incubation sounds fun. I just love the baby chicks. DH is going to get one for snake breeding so I may have a chance one if these days.

Don't worry, I was interested in reading lol :) do you plan on selling what you hatch? Incubation sounds fun. I just love the baby chicks. DH is going to get one for snake breeding so I may have a chance one if these days.
I do want to do some kind of small scale "business" next year when my bantams start laying. All of the local breeders don't sell bantams, so if I work along with a friend of mine who can take over the "business" in her incubator when I'm on vacation, she can do the standard breeding, and I can sell the bantams. I'm not looking for profit lol, just a fun outlet and excuse for incubating. I will have to figure out what the heck is going on with my bad hatches though. :barnie
This most recent batch I will only re-home if I have to many. I really only want 3-4 to hatch, so thats why I ordered so many eggs since I've been having bad hatches. We'll see how the eggs look today when I candle.

I do want to do some kind of small scale "business" next year when my bantams start laying. All of the local breeders don't sell bantams, so if I work along with a friend of mine who can take over the "business" in her incubator when I'm on vacation, she can do the standard breeding, and I can sell the bantams. I'm not looking for profit lol, just a fun outlet and excuse for incubating. I will have to figure out what the heck is going on with my bad hatches though. :barnie
This most recent batch I will only re-home if I have to many. I really only want 3-4 to hatch, so thats why I ordered so many eggs since I've been having bad hatches. We'll see how the eggs look today when I candle.
My fingers are crossed for you this time around! 🤞

I think I like your idea though - making business for the bantams in your area. I think it would be fun way to make money and do something you like. If my silky goes broody, I was considering ayam Cermani. I've seen 1 person charge $40 for a rooster which is more than what they charge at feed stores.
🤔

My fingers are crossed for you this time around! 🤞

I think I like your idea though - making business for the bantams in your area. I think it would be fun way to make money and do something you like. If my silky goes broody, I was considering ayam Cermani. I've seen 1 person charge $40 for a rooster which is more than what they charge at feed stores.
🤔
I think it'll defiantly be a fun project, it will help with the cost of the All natural and possibly Organic feed I'm buying them lol!
I mostly just love incubating, and was at a loss when I couldn't find any local, breeders myself who sold bantams and had to buy shipped eggs. I think it will be helpful to others as well.

I think it'll defiantly be a fun project, it will help with the cost of the All natural and possibly Organic feed I'm buying them lol!
I mostly just love incubating, and was at a loss when I couldn't find any local, breeders myself who sold bantams and had to buy shipped eggs. I think it will be helpful to others as well.
People will probably prefer to buy locally than have to wait for a shipment. This is just the beginning but one day you might be making good business!

People will probably prefer to buy locally than have to wait for a shipment. This is just the beginning but one day you might be making good business!
I know I would have rather bought locally, especially since you get to see the farm, the birds etc. I hope someday I can work up to something profitable, I definitely wouldn't have a problem with incubating a lot of bantams lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom