Egg got cracked day 26

Pics

Alburner

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
I have three Ancona eggs about to hatch. I was candeling because I’m watching for lockdown. The air cells are a hair bigger than I want so I’m trying to give as much time as possible. I thought there was internal pipping but I was wrong just shadows. My loving nine month old husky decided to jump the gate and see what I was up to. As he did this he slipped and knocked into me. We tumbled and the egg hit the table and now the top is busted off. I put Neosporin on the membrane and covered it with a warm wet paper towel. Miraculously there was no blood and the baby is still moving. I could see the bill at the top but still no pip. What should I do????

I have three Ancona eggs about to hatch. I was candeling because I’m watching for lockdown. The air cells are a hair bigger than I want so I’m trying to give as much time as possible. I thought there was internal pipping but I was wrong just shadows. My loving nine month old husky decided to jump the gate and see what I was up to. As he did this he slipped and knocked into me. We tumbled and the egg hit the table and now the top is busted off. I put Neosporin on the membrane and covered it with a warm wet paper towel. Miraculously there was no blood and the baby is still moving. I could see the bill at the top but still no pip. What should I do????
Take the wet paper towel out, the neosporin will keep it from getting shrink wrapped, and the wet evaporating in the incu will make the egg colder than it should be.

Can you get a picture of how big the hole is?

I’ll try to in just a second. It’s about the size of a quarter. I pulled of the dangly bits so I could get the Neosporin on the membrane. I have it in the still air incubator I made and used to hatch another egg.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I couldn’t find my phone. I got a bit frazzled

3D3A8E67-29E0-4CB4-B539-7CAD4306980F.jpeg
He seems to have just internally pipped. It looks like there is an air bubble in the membrane around his bill. I hear him biting at it.

Back
Top Bottom