Egg got cracked day 26

Pics
lol it didn’t even take a night. I went to let them free together to see how they did. Well the big one is super sweet with the baby, hated me but after some forced love and quiet talking our little hang out ended with the little baby sleeping in my hands and the big baby sleeping halfway off my lap. The funny thing is the little one is the only one doing any pecking. He is very into shiny things and started going at the cayugas bill and feet. The big guy took it like a champ. Now they are inseparable. If I try to take the little baby the big one gets real upset. He is actually following the baby that’s how I got them to both sleep on me. :love
Precious little friends! :love

I got a new friend. I went to pick up the Cayugas and it turns out one was between 2-3 weeks the others were even older. So I got the smaller one and the woman said she is hatching some silver appleyards and the woman I got my hatching eggs from offered to give me another Ancona that is feathering so I figured I’d wait till these two got bigger then I’d add a third so they can have a small flock. Then next spring I’ll try again. I set up a temporary brooder out of an extra pack n play lol This is the first meeting and my poor little one is terrified and the Cayuga just wants to cuddle his new friend. Every time I pick up the little baby the Cayuga goes bananas like I’m going to eat him or something lol.View attachment 1839477
Are your watered and feeder for the little duck silicone molds? That’s a great idea!

I’ll get some pics tomorrow during bath time. Btw I was wondering with feeding I don’t want to over do it on the protein for the big guy, should I feed them separate? I know I’m supposed to keep food out for them but with their protein needs being different I’m not sure. They are inseparable and I don’t even think the bigger one would eat alone. He is a ball of stress when he doesn’t see the little guy. We’re one goes the other follows. The food I have is 18% protein chick starter mixed with nutritional yeast and I also mix in a bit of the “super food” I got that’s got 29% protein. I bought it to raise the protein for the tiny one. Should I give the little a few feeding of just that and not the larger one? They also had finely chopped turnip greens today and went bananas for it. Lol I do also give them some water with the save a chick electrolytes in there too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ve also been looking into growing fodder if anyone’s done that? Thanks so much for all the advice!!

BF62C1DC-514C-44AD-8E97-81CD6EF74B67.jpeg
53002A55-0652-498D-B06B-1187ED3A41FE.jpeg
648521CE-35D7-444A-AB38-E204DE98C4BB.jpeg
6C7AD928-6E6F-4C58-BD2F-503141E76908.jpeg
465CCFDF-506A-4015-B367-ECF7569FC991.jpeg

Attachments

• F5744FA3-01B6-4A09-8140-67B5F283EDBF.jpeg
    F5744FA3-01B6-4A09-8140-67B5F283EDBF.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom