Egg got cracked day 26

All three of them passed. It was insane, they were moving and going and then within a few hours all passed. All externally pipped and I had done pretty much the same thing with all the ducklings. Now I have a line little guy and I’ve been searching all day to find a friend for him. I’ve found someone with some Anconas starting to feather and some almost 3 week old Cayuga. Would either of those be good options? Or should I grow him up a bit then find an adult. There are plenty of adults out there but no ducklings.

The 3 week old would probably work but I'd put them in separate brooders so they can see each other or in the same brooder with a divider so they can see each other just for a few days. To see how the Cayuga acts towards the little one. It should go fine after they have been together a few days. Keep them separate and when you can watch let them be together.
Or let this one grow up and find an adult always up to you.

So sorry you lost the others. :(

0B0CC3E7-4DCA-4BB2-8F4D-5D63471D3599.jpeg
I have a duckling and chick together that are best friends although it takes lots of thought to water them separate and then it’s great..

Air cells too small and humidity too high? Sorry they didn’t make it..
With one of them the air cell seemed too small but after checking they didn’t have excess albumen. I had the humidity at 70 for lock down. I really don’t know what went wrong exactly. The last one was peeping and moving, responding to me talking then Thirty minutes later I came back to check on it and it passed. I looked in the eggs and I just can’t figure out what happened for sure.

Make sure you know what sexes you have because a drake will most likely when mature want to mate with a chicken hen and because anatomy is totally different a drake can kill a chicken if he mates her.

Back
Top Bottom