she looks wet but is just so covered in the yellow goo that her down is hardened
she burst her little yolk with her foot so i had to clean her up and then vasaline again THICK over the hole then cotton ball then a mini self adheisive vet tape diaper to stop anymore scratching at it.
shes starting to open her eyes a little bit and im just holding my breath for her

also some of her down is starting to dry!

i went ahead and put safety holes in the eggs that havent hatched

shes preening a little bit around her diaper
she seems to have curled toes so shell be wearing sandals if she survives

Last edited:
she burst her little yolk with her foot so i had to clean her up and then vasaline again THICK over the hole then cotton ball then a mini self adheisive vet tape diaper to stop anymore scratching at it.
shes starting to open her eyes a little bit and im just holding my breath for her

also some of her down is starting to dry!

i went ahead and put safety holes in the eggs that havent hatched

shes preening a little bit around her diaper
she seems to have curled toes so shell be wearing sandals if she survives
i heard a crackly noise while holding her just now which was weird

How is she doing? I would recommend cleaning her. I had a chick in the same situation and I never cleaned her. She ended up tripping and falling into the water. She drowned. I believe that if i had cleaned her, she would have had full control of walking and balancing.

How is she doing? I would recommend cleaning her. I had a chick in the same situation and I never cleaned her. She ended up tripping and falling into the water. She drowned. I believe that if i had cleaned her, she would have had full control of walking and balancing.
she cant even stand up right now so i dont want to stress her out while shes this fragile.
if she gets stronger and is able to move around ill try cleaning her better.

her poor little feet seem to have too tight tendons and cant open up properly, her legs and feet are just a bit 'wrong' but ive had chickens with messed up legs live long happy lives so i have hope for her :fl

she cant really open her eyes for long and they seem to be 'wet'

do i try giving her some sugar water?

she cant even stand up right now so i dont want to stress her out while shes this fragile.
if she gets stronger and is able to move around ill try cleaning her better.

her poor little feet seem to have too tight tendons and cant open up properly, her legs and feet are just a bit 'wrong' but ive had chickens with messed up legs live long happy lives so i have hope for her :fl

she cant really open her eyes for long and they seem to be 'wet'

do i try giving her some sugar water?
Ok, that sounds like a good plan to me. These chicks usually take a while longer to get on their feet.

Yes the “wet” is the sticky membrane that stuck to her. It’s probably a bit heavy on her eyelids, but she will be ok.

I don’t think sugar water is necessary but if you’re willing to give her some and continue to give her some, then you can. ☺️ What ever you feel is best for her.

Ok, that sounds like a good plan to me. These chicks usually take a while longer to get on their feet.

Yes the “wet” is the sticky membrane that stuck to her. It’s probably a bit heavy on her eyelids, but she will be ok.

I don’t think sugar water is necessary but if you’re willing to give her some and continue to give her some, then you can. ☺️ What ever you feel is best for her.
her yolk 'lump' hasnt absorbed yet but is safe in her bandage, the wet is more watery eyes shes got some dry down and some crunchy down.
i think shes going to need some therapy on her toes if she survives :fl :idunno
my dog has been being such a pest about the chicks poor thing looks like a broken washing machine the way she shakes at them i wish she had lower prey drive but what can you do?

her yolk 'lump' hasnt absorbed yet but is safe in her bandage, the wet is more watery eyes shes got some dry down and some crunchy down.
i think shes going to need some therapy on her toes if she survives :fl :idunno
my dog has been being such a pest about the chicks poor thing looks like a broken washing machine the way she shakes at them i wish she had lower prey drive but what can you do?
i think shes pooping out the yolk but now its lighter yellow with 'curds' in it??
poor thing

Do you have a picture?
this is the only photo i have because i dont want to unwrap her bandage if i dont have to
photo.JPG
thats what i wiped off her butt while i was redressing her there was also a more liquidy part and it was lighter before it started drying

Back
Top Bottom