Egg Hatched but cant find the chick

I agree, and I thank you for all of your kind help. This is a first in all of the years we have bred chickens so it baffled me. I am going to have to watch these little buggers much much more carefully. :)
I hope it works out better in the future and this doesn't happen twice!

One suggestion though, if they brood on the bottom shelf, try taking some garden fence and make a small enclosure around the front of it!

I'm sure you probably already have but did you check this little gap under the shelf behind the ladder here? I hope you find the little one safe n sound .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-174716_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-174716_Chrome.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi there,

Ok, I normally incubate but the past two years my girls have done the amazing work for me. I have 8 broody girls and they are all on eggs.
I went into the coop this evening and found a broken (in half and you can tell there was a chick once in there) egg but the chick is no where to be found.
Are they eating the chicks? Or????

This is a first for me over the years that we have been doing this and I am concerned.

Thank you for any feedback,
Raina

Maybe an animal got it.
Which is one reason why when my hens set,
I always remove them to a separate cage with the eggs and chicks for their safety. I NEVER leave them in the henhouse with chicks. I put them in cages so I can watch them. Love your birds!

Back
Top Bottom