Egg inside an egg?

Sama_Lama

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 21, 2010
This morning I went to retrieve eggs and found a huge one. I can't beleive my girl could pass it without getting egg bound! Anyhow once I opened it I found a second fully formed egg inside. It was much smaller but the yoke of the second egg was nearly as large as the first. I looked the condition up but wanted to know if this was truly a very rare occurrence or if it happened more often than people think.
(Picture Heavy)
Pictures of the egg(s):
img1867ti.jpg

img1872g.jpg

img1875iz.jpg

img1878o.jpg

img1881k.jpg

img1883x.jpg

img1886.jpg

img1891l.jpg

Wow, that is one GIGANTIC egg! And I have heard of an egg being inside an egg, but never have I seen one! Thanks for posting the pics! AWESOME!

You must get a prize for 'best ever only second post to the forum'. That is awesome.

Thanks for sharing, I've never seen anything like it, certainly puts a new spin on 'double yolkers'.

I have never heard of this until right now and it's got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Thank you so much for posting those really greats pics. So often we read someones story but cant quite connect to it because there are no pics. I was hoping that wasn't the case with your post and VERY GLADLY it is not.

I'm also happy to hear that she did not become egg bound. Geez! That thing is like a small ostrich egg!

Good luck to you and your girls and keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom