Egg laying ducks and limpy duck

THescovieguy

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2015
hi everyone!!
i have a duck whose laying eggs right now,particularly 6 eggs right now,the scovie is the one thats laying,i need to know when is she gonna stop laying,her legs are also
very limpy right now,she walks like her legs are cut off but she can still walk,now i need help,immediately.Any answers are helpful
thumbsup.gif

hi everyone!!
i have a duck whose laying eggs right now,particularly 6 eggs right now,the scovie is the one thats laying,i need to know when is she gonna stop laying,her legs are also 
very limpy right now,she walks like her legs are cut off but she can still walk,now i need help,immediately.Any answers are helpful:thumbsup  
It's possible that your "scovie" needs calcium but Niacin deficiency is also very likely. I feed my Anconas Romaine Lettuce regularly to insure they get enough Niacin as well as a whole host of other important vitamins and minerals.

She may be egg-bound, or have a back injury. I would get her into a tub of lukewarm water she can float in, and watch her closely. If she is seriously injured, you need to be right there to assist her and keep her from drowning. But taking weight off the legs may help a great deal. Do that as often as you can.

I wonder, @Miss Lydia if she might have a parasite problem as well?

If she is egg bound, then 200 mg calcium twice a day (I am not a vet, but this is based on the many threads I have read about egg binding) may help. Be careful handling her so as not to break any eggs that might be in her belly.

@Miss Lydia just said in a different thread that hers are winding down for the year. You're in the middle east, aren't you? It seems like the same would apply to yours since your days should be getting shorter now as well.

I'm not sure what you mean about walking like her legs are cut off. Was she injured, or has she been ill?
no i am in the philippines

@THescovieguy , can you tell us what you feed your ducks for their regular duck feed? I would get a vitamin and electrolyte supplement that says it's specifically for poultry and mix it in the drinking water. Also, can you tell us how old the duck is if you know?

hi everyone!!
very limpy right now,she walks like her legs are cut off but she can still walk,now i need help,immediately.Any answers are helpful
thumbsup.gif

@Miss Lydia just said in a different thread that hers are winding down for the year. You're in the middle east, aren't you? It seems like the same would apply to yours since your days should be getting shorter now as well.

I'm not sure what you mean about walking like her legs are cut off. Was she injured, or has she been ill?

Maybe she is need of some extra calcium if they don't get enough in their feed ,foraging it will come out of their bones so start giving her Oyster shell if you don't already and try to get some Calcium Gluconate TSC carries it and add to her feed or water @Amiga can give dosage on the CG. But it sounds like she is in need of some ASAP. As for egg laying if your in USA and not deep south egg laying should be winding down for you too. I only have 1 Scovy laying right now all the rest are through for the year.

Back
Top Bottom