Egg Marketing-need your opinion on labeling

Very good point Pat! Yes I reread it and pasture and field are indeed redundant. I will incorporate your suggestions!
alicefelldown, yes I can tell.
wink.png
Thanks for the edits!
It should be relatively apparent. I am not strong in punctuation and grammar. Thankfully, in my years as a product manager, I only needed to toss my two cents in on concept and do technical context editing..

I will be back with revisions...
smile.png

ON

Last edited:
I have two concerns.

THe first is the co-op should have standards as to labeling requirements. The second is whether you have passed inspection requirements.

When we dealt with the natural and organic co-ops, we were given literature specifying the label requirements. Secondly, we had to pass an on-site inspection and be later approved by the board.

Have your eggs actually been approved for sale by the co-op, or are you still in the application stage?

Hi Red Maple Farms,
Your experience and input is appreciated.. I will admit I have been going into this a bit as a naive novice....
roll.png

The store is a private store, with a food handling licence. I will be honest, the agreement has been them saying. "yes we want to sell your eggs, yup your price is fine, come back when you can give me at least 10dz per week."

Did you use a 3rd party packer? How did that work? Why are you not doing it anymore?

Looking at the regulations one does indeed need to have a licence in Wisconsin to "process" / pack eggs for wholesale. It is only not required when you sell directly from the farm.

Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention.

ON

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually we still sell through the co-ops. Many of these co-ops want to support the local and small farmer, and realize the expense involved in getting an approved packing facility/license. So.... they look the other way.

The inspection I was refering to was the farm inspection tour by the co-op's management. They needed to verify that the farm met their standards on behalf of their customers. They looked at how the animals were housed and treated, and what food was being given them. As one manager told me, "We wanted to make sure you didn't have a chemical tank in the back." They also interviewed me and took a lot of pictures. They loved the three acre wooded pond with all the ducks swimming about.

I incorrectly assumed that it is standard practice everywhere.

In reality though, it is too easy to run to Wal*Mart, buy those $0.97 eggs, repackage them, and sell them through the co-ops at a higher price.

Hi,
OK I put the latest rev of text in the first post and I guess I will stick it here too.....

Red Maple farms, Thanks... I hear what you are saying.. I was getting quite frustrated reading Wisconsin ACTP. It seems our state does not represent the interest of the small farmer trying to market products on a small scale locally.. I understand the value of food safty laws but...... I could go into a three page rant on the subject.....I will not..
hmm.png

OK here is my latest. I also recieved the suggestion to sign it.
46305_p1000850.jpg

46305_p1000852.jpg

46305_p1000851.jpg

ON

Looks good so far to us, we don't have any experience with the egg marketing deal, but sooon sooooon
jumpy.gif
! we were thinking on label designs. How much would it cost to put a little color in there? maybe of a foresty field like inset, maybe in the bottom right or top left? something to catch the eye of your hippie turned yuppie customer base? Keep in mind I'm talking about a very small portion of your label that would fade as it approaches the center so not to conceal any of your wording. I'm no artist, nor do i know how much more that would be.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom