Egg Pipped/Cracked in middle.....

Pics
May 22, 2020
Texas
Okay so we are 13 hours into day 20 now, and when we woke up this morning one of our eggs has tried to pip (actually looks like more of a u shaped crack) on the side/middle of the egg, nowhere near the air sac we pencilled. It has been trying to push out for 6 hours now that we have been awake, and cheeps very loudly once or twice about every 30 to 60 minutes. Do I leave it alone? Or do I try to carefully, slowly, and gently pull back just the tiny part where its cracked in the middle of the u shape crack, to give it some air? This is our first time hatching.

Okay so we are 13 hours into day 20 now, and when we woke up this morning one of our eggs has tried to pip (actually looks like more of a u shaped crack) on the side/middle of the egg, nowhere near the air sac we pencilled. It has been trying to push out for 6 hours now that we have been awake, and cheeps very loudly once or twice about every 30 to 60 minutes. Do I leave it alone? Or do I try to carefully, slowly, and gently pull back just the tiny part where its cracked in the middle of the u shape crack, to give it some air? This is our first time hatching.
Don't do any assisting yet. This pip is also the internal pip, so give it at least 48 hours from when it pipped.

So
You're doing great. 👍
It is very eggciting, lol.
So hubby is just as anxious as I am. We candled the egg and the air sac is empty, you can see right through it. The rest of the egg is a solid dark mass (beige egg). The shell is very thin. Is it possible its head and beak are at this crack and not near the air sac then?

So

So hubby is just as anxious as I am. We candled the egg and the air sac is empty, you can see right through it. The rest of the egg is a solid dark mass (beige egg). The shell is very thin. Is it possible its head and beak are at this crack and not near the air sac then?
Yes, that's why this pip is also the internal pip? Did you take it out of the incubator to candle? The incubator should not be opened if there is a pipped egg because it will let all of the humidity out and shrink-wrap them. Then they'll have to be assisted, which ends up becoming a whole mess.

Back
Top Bottom