Egg Price Profiteering Where You Live Due To Coronovirus?

Pics
I tried nextdoor but where I live it says there was no community ? But I would be notified if one started I think thats what it said. If someone wanys my eggs Id be more than happy to give them away just so they dont go to waste. Last time I was in a store there were some eggs but not alot left and think it said there was a limit bit not sure.
Maybe I'll check nextdoor again
Have you thought about freezing them to use in winter? I'm doing that with my excess if we can't eat them fast enough. I'm making 2 quiches to put in the freezer and boiling 18 for deviled and dog/chicken snacks today. My flock adores hard boiled eggs!

I have no idea how human nature works, and maybe it's just a matter of different people are different. When I gave away eggs for free, to family and friends, they did not really seem to appreciate it and never asked for more. So Dear Wife started selling our excess eggs to her friends and asking $2.00 per dozen. They were more than willing to pay the asking price and keep on asking for more. Even pre-pandemic. Anyway, I personally feel better about people getting my eggs that they appreciate. Getting $2.00 per dozen eggs covers my feed costs and Dear Wife and I essentially get our eggs for free. It's a true win-win for everybody.

FYI, Dear Wife and I would gladly donate free eggs to someone who could not afford to pay. Fortunately for us, and our friends, everyone is still in a position to afford paying for eggs. But the real thing I like is that the people we sell our eggs to are very happy with our eggs and appreciate them.

I have no idea how human nature works, and maybe it's just a matter of different people are different. When I gave away eggs for free, to family and friends, they did not really seem to appreciate it and never asked for more. So Dear Wife started selling our excess eggs to her friends and asking $2.00 per dozen. They were more than willing to pay the asking price and keep on asking for more. Even pre-pandemic. Anyway, I personally feel better about people getting my eggs that they appreciate. Getting $2.00 per dozen eggs covers my feed costs and Dear Wife and I essentially get our eggs for free. It's a true win-win for everybody.

FYI, Dear Wife and I would gladly donate free eggs to someone who could not afford to pay. Fortunately for us, and our friends, everyone is still in a position to afford paying for eggs. But the real thing I like is that the people we sell our eggs to are very happy with our eggs and appreciate them.

yup! I think it’s a combination of my family, and my husband’s families being in the area for generations, and “farm” eggs have always been trendy in my local.
I genuinely feel really bad when I don’t have enough eggs, but I am not set up for hundreds of eggs a day (at least not yet, lol)

I sell mine for $3.00 a dozen and use that to buy feed, straw and other necessities for my girls. Have no plans to raise price unless things skyrocket and I no longer break even.

At the end of the year, hunting more than pays for itself and always has so it is calculated separately.

:lau I live on a lake, and as such, have boats, motors, and docks. All that expense with maintenance and licenses for fishing, I expect my fish cost me about $50.00 per pound! But that is largely due to my age and really not fishing as much as I used to when younger.

I sell mine for $3.00 a dozen and use that to buy feed, straw and other necessities for my girls. Have no plans to raise price unless things skyrocket and I no longer break even.

Right, as long as I break even, I'm happy with $2.00 per dozen where I live. If my costs go up here in the near future, then I'll be reconsidering my options. But, so far, feed prices are steady where I live.

Have you thought about freezing them to use in winter? I'm doing that with my excess if we can't eat them fast enough.

How do you freeze eggs so that they are good to eat later?

I live in northern Minnesota and get more than a few frozen eggs from my girls if I don't collect the eggs often enough when the temps get really cold. I find freezing the eggs changes the texture of the eggs. They are still edible, but do not taste as good (I.e. texture) to me. If I get any frozen eggs from the coop in the winter, I just let them thaw out, scramble them up and eat them scrambled or in an omelet. If you have a better way of freezing eggs and using them later, I'd like to hear how you do it. Thanks.

How do you freeze eggs so that they are good to eat later?

I live in northern Minnesota and get more than a few frozen eggs from my girls if I don't collect the eggs often enough when the temps get really cold. I find freezing the eggs changes the texture of the eggs. They are still edible, but do not taste as good (I.e. texture) to me. If I get any frozen eggs from the coop in the winter, I just let them thaw out, scramble them up and eat them scrambled or in an omelet. If you have a better way of freezing eggs and using them later, I'd like to hear how you do it. Thanks.
Here's a link. I was afraid the texture would be off so I have only used them for baking, not direct eating like scrambled. I was going to freeze a few this week and see how they taste though
https://www.incredibleegg.org/eggcyclopedia/f/freezing-eggs/

Back
Top Bottom