Egg Question

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
Ok... I am sure this is a stupid question, lol. I am just getting started in this wonderful world of chickens. We have 13 pullets right now. I think they should be laying by fall. We don't have a rooster yet but at some point may get one. When we do I would assume some of the eggs would be fertile but many of them we would have no intention of hatching. Are fertile eggs ok to eat? If they go in the refridgerator after they are gotten as long as they don't get warmed up nothing will develop right? And if it is ok to eat them can I sell them and will the people who buy them be able to tell they have been fertilized? Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
Correct
Quote:
It is ok to sell them, and the only way they will know if they are fertile, is if they know what to look for. Most people don't.

Ms.FuzzyButts :

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
Correct
Quote:
It is ok to sell them, and the only way they will know if they are fertile, is if they know what to look for. Most people don't.

Ditto!

You can't tell the difference taste wise. All my eggs are fertile, and we eat them....yummy!​

Quote:
I don't have a rooster, so I *think* it's something called a "bullseye". But, if you're REALLY Curious & want to know, you can go over and haunt the "Incubating and Hatching Eggs" forum. Those people know ALL (you'd ever want to know) about fertile eggs and they're always posting stuff about it.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom