~Egg Salad or Sale~ ~d'Uccles, South Americans, Cochins, Silkied Ameraucanas, Orps~ ~Eggs to go~ ~Bu

Precisely. This is what many don't understand, so they think there's money-grubbing going on. It's just hard to convey.

I'm watching what some folks are going through, like Heirloom Orpingtons (radirevo) and I'm in awe at the logistics and patience needed to negotiate international exchanges, airfare, agents in other countries, etc. Marc has worked very hard to make the gorgeous giants available, and his facility is AMAZING!! I know they care for the birds with great attention to detail, and every penny paid is worth it for his stock. I wish I could get two of each of his colors, but that's not going to happen unless I win the lottery! Must save a bit at a time!

I have to make the birds I want if I can't bring them in...so that's what I do!

its just amazing at the work some people go through to preserve a strain/breed.. I wish I had the money to do what they do! (though my husband would probably shoot me.. lol..)

My Silkied and South American eggs arrived in fantastic shape, and now tucked safely under their mama's. Thanks, will be in touch so you can help me identify the South American varieties LOL!!!

do u send overseas lavender susex eggs..?

Hiya, I am not certified to send overseas. Sorry!
smile.png

What colors are your Silkied Ameraucanas Projects?
My current flock is 6 blue hens, 2 splash hens, and a Red Pyle hen w/o the Silkied gene. These are with a Split Splash boy, a Silkied Splash boy, and a Blue Birchen (mine) & a Blue Wheaten (Wayne Meredith) w/o the Silkied gene.

Right now your % of Silkied will be lower because I'm intent on getting improvement and varied coloration. I'll be moving the Wheaten and a fuzzy girl and the Birchen and a fuzzy girl into breeder pens for Honeymoon Suite privacy. I also have a Blue fuzzy girl in with a Chocolate English Orp to make Chocolate Truffles.

My current flock is 6 blue hens, 2 splash hens, and a Red Pyle hen w/o the Silkied gene. These are with a Split Splash boy, a Silkied Splash boy, and a Blue Birchen (mine) & a Blue Wheaten (Wayne Meredith) w/o the Silkied gene.

Right now your % of Silkied will be lower because I'm intent on getting improvement and varied coloration. I'll be moving the Wheaten and a fuzzy girl and the Birchen and a fuzzy girl into breeder pens for Honeymoon Suite privacy. I also have a Blue fuzzy girl in with a Chocolate English Orp to make Chocolate Truffles.

Thanks! Your projects look very interesting. Keep up the good work!

So, is the Silkied Amera flock been comprised of that grouping for the entire breeding season? Curious, because the first chick to hatch of the 6 under a Silkie broody was white (blue silkied splash hopefully) and the second is black with white tips on the wings, white under the chin and some of the lower face, and white underparts. I think itsname should be Tux!! :D The rest of the eggs are moving, one is talking.

Back
Top Bottom