egg selling

Don't try and compete with store prices, fresh chicken eggs are way better than store. My aunt in a wealthy area was selling her eggs for $6 a carton maybe 10 years ago. My neighbors here sell their eggs for. $7.50 dz. but Yes they both have a permit.
my family owns a bread business out of our house so technically we've got a permit to operate a business, just the wrong one. I just want to see how much people around here are willing to pay, plus this isn't an enterprise, just something on the side to get rid of the eggs. i don't want to overcharge my neighbors is what i'm worried about. there's also an egg stand a few miles out and they do 5 dollars, but they've got a much wider selection.

I know I sold mine for 2$ (might have been able to sell for more, but this was limited to my coworkersnwho are incredably cheap) a dozen, with the carton being returned
This is what we are going to do. $3.00 a dozen, or $2.00 a dozen with a carton. My husband's coworkers love getting the fresh eggs.

I would not give a carton discount, most people want to know their carton can be recycled.
good news! i forgot about this but eggs are needed for the bread we make, (because our eggs aren’t pasteurized we can’t use them for baking). so we don’t need to worry about getting and paying for cartons for no reason! we’re going to start at 5 dollars i think, we can go from there so far.

Back
Top Bottom