Egg Skelter

How's the skelter working out? Do the eggs roll down on their own?

I only just discovered them in another post and immediately headed to amazon! Then read how large eggs won't roll down nicely - pretty sure mine are bigger than store-bought, although I've never weighed them. Now, if I could find one of those cute egg scales! :p

I've always kinda wanted one, but really they are not very practical.
I have one, as I mentioned before. I like it, but aart's right, they aren't the most practical way of storing eggs.

Eggs should be stored pointy end down, and the rolling part of this idea doesn't work well for that. Even so, I have so much stuff on my counter, the fact that the egg skelter takes more vertical space than horizontal helps.

Get rid of the clutter, then, huh? :oops: Probably not gonna happen.

I still think it's cute. :)

I have one, as I mentioned before. I like it, but aart's right, they aren't the most practical way of storing eggs.

Eggs should be stored pointy end down, and the rolling part of this idea doesn't work well for that. Even so, I have so much stuff on my counter, the fact that the egg skelter takes more vertical space than horizontal helps.

Get rid of the clutter, then, huh? :oops: Probably not gonna happen.

I still think it's cute. :)
I actually didn’t know about storing them pointy end down until I made this post, now I put them on the rack pointy end down and make sure they all stay that way. 🙂 yes it takes extra time that could easily be avoid by just using a carton. But I like the rack! It’s cute and I don’t mind arranging them. Now, if I ever have more then 3 layers, the rack will likely go by the way side lol

Back
Top Bottom