Egg Surprise

Ema

Songster
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
N. Ontario CANADA
Yesterday I was away almost the whole day, so when at around 6 pm I went in to see my girls and give them some scratch and more fresh water I decided to turn up the bedding and I saw something in the corner I went to look they were 2 golf ball size eggs. my girls are 15 weeks old I didn't think they were ready to lay yet and I am still working on their nesting boxes. Finding the eggs was super exciting :) my kids were so funny they just wanted to hug the eggs ahahahaha

That is great! I understand your kids wanting to hug the eggs. I have a counter in the coop. We click off every egg we gather. After one year of laying, we are almost to 4,000. ...and you know what? It is still fun!
smile.png

the counter idea is awesome....I almost didn't get my daughter on the school bus this morning because she wanted to go down to the barn and see if her chickens left her a gift...lol...
I am actually in Northern Ontario Canada, been chilly round here lately and super rainy. Sadly summer are very very short up here. my girls haven't been out in their run for three days now, due to a bobcat and a bear that have been roaming the back at different times. SO I don't want to tempt them if you know what I mean.

It makes me smile to hear of bears and bobcats etc! Where i live its foxes, mink, stoats and pinemartins we need to look out for.
I would be scared as anything seeing a bear out back but then we don't get them in Scotland!

Anyway congrats on getting your first eggs, it really is the highlight of your day isn't it??

Quote:
ah! I was reading your list of vermin and thought,"It sounds like a Red Wall Book!"
Then I read your location!

Haha never thought of it like that before but you are right, I loved the RedWall books!

Back
Top Bottom