Egg trouble need advice

Wickschicks90

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2018
I got 14 chicken eggs to incubate ny sister is a teacher at a school and she said she would incubate the eggs for me the eggs have been in for 22 days now and on the weekend my sister goes and checks the temperature 2 times a both Saturday and sunday the eggs went on lockdown last Friday took them off the egg Turner and took the egg Turner out on Saturday she went to check the temp in the morning and it was at 101degrees she went back in the afternoon and the temperature went up to 106 degree Fahrenheit she turn the temperature down and then left for a few hrs and came back to check temp and it was back where it should be she went in on Sunday morning and the temperature was still good she came back later that afternoon and the temperature was down to 90degree she brought the temperature back up to 99degrees right away and its been staying there ever since sunday afternoon it's now day 22 now and none have hatched what should we do ? should we give it more time if so how much longer?

Last edited:
Can you candle a few? Sorry I don’t have any experience with an incubator. Hopefully someone else will reply.
4 eggs have cracks in them now I guess will just wait it out thank you for ur response any idea how long we should wait? We were thinking 2 days from when the 1st chick hatches ? Then take what's in there for chicks out and then put water in the trays and give it a few more days just to make sure

The teachers in the school I work at just take the chicks out of the incubator once they’re fluffy and place them in a brooder leaving the other eggs to hatch when they’re ready. They always have great hatch rates

If the temperature was on the low side the eggs can hatch a day or two late and if the temperature is on the high side, a day or two early. Have you calibrated your thermometer?

If the temperature was on the low side the eggs can hatch a day or two late and if the temperature is on the high side, a day or two early. Have you calibrated your thermometer?
Yes the thermometer is calibrated they started hatching 4 of them have cracks in them now so time will tell I guess thanks for ur response

Back
Top Bottom