Egg wait anyone???

I am waiting also, I have 4 younger RIRs and 1 older RIR, I thought sure as anything the older hen would have laid an egg, but nothing. Will hens that have been laying, just stop for....... well I got her over a month ago, nothing not a single egg. They all seem to be in great shape, very active, they eat fine, have good color, but no eggs.
hmm.png

How old are they? Have heard it isn't uncommon for the back sex links to start laying at 18 weeks. I think if anyone had some that may have been borderline that they may have been hindered because of the impending autumn.

can you hear me now? :

How old are they? Have heard it isn't uncommon for the back sex links to start laying at 18 weeks. I think if anyone had some that may have been borderline that they may have been hindered because of the impending autumn.

My Black Sex Link started a few days before her 23rd week. Now she is pushing 25 weeks and lays 6 for 7 days
smile.png

I have 13 Barred rocks, all 5 and half months, and some silkies same age still waiting, someone told me they wont lay till they 6-7 months old.. is this true.. i am still waiting patiently...

I'm waiting too! I've got some girls that are 5 weeks & 2 days old. I should have eggs from them within another 3 weeks. (Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how many are girls yet, HA HA.)

In case anyone is afraid that they need to do an intervention and have me committed for thinking I'll have eggs in 3 weeks, I have quail.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom