Egg wait anyone???

Two green eggs this morning, a brown yesterday. This must mean that 3 of the 4 started laying. 7 month old hens, just started developing combs and wattles in the past 4 weeks - none of them have ever squatted, no eggs songs. Can't wait till they all start to lay.

Still waiting
he.gif

My barred rock is going on 36 weeks and still no eggs. Her 2 EE sisters that are the same age started laying about 30 weeks. I had to buy a full grown sex link hen to pick up her slack. lol I'm wondering if shes ever going to lay now....

My BA took a while too. She was about 30 weeks or so. She was the only one i'd been getting anything from until the last week and a half or so. Now, i think from the days getting shorter, she has stopped. Bummer!! Trying to talk her into it but havent gotten any from her in about 6 days, i was getting one almost everyday. Well? i am sure in the spring I will have more than i know what to do with from (30) or so hens!!!!! i'll just have to wait for the payoff!!

Urg. 4 - 9 month old pullets, 3 ee's and 1 welsummer and no eggs from anyone yet. Good thing they're cute.

68309_img_8776.jpg

My egg wait is officially over! 7 months old and all four laid eggs today! Best of luck to everyone - I'm sending out my egg zen to everyone!

can you hear me now? :

Quote:
Wow that is pretty late for a barred rock hen.

yep...lol Thats what I thought too. And whats interesting is she has been doing the 'squat' for about 5 weeks now...​

Quote:
Congrats!!!! the first eggs is always the best
smile.png
I know I was SOOOOOooo excited to get ours!! Yelling to my husband I layed an egg
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom