egg yolk

rustychick2000

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2015
Two of my babies were hatching. I decided to help them along. When they finally popped their heads out they still had yolk sacks. They are alive. One is sitting in his shell. The other has no she'll only the membrane that makes up the inside of the egg covers the chick. I don't know what to do please help!!!

Last edited:
What was it that made you decide to help them?
They can sit in the eggs for quite some time after they've pipped. They're absorbing blood vessels and yolk during that time and its important to leave them to it without intervening (which I'm sure you know now).
I don't think there's much you can do at this point except hope the one you got out absorbs the remaining yolk and stays alive and keep an eye on the one that's in the membrane. You might wrap that one in a damp paper towel to keep it from getting dry, leave the spot where the air cell or pip would've been uncovered.

Good luck.

I decided to help them out because one of the other ones that started peeping at the same time died inside the egg and I didn't want the same for them. But thx for the help

Back
Top Bottom