Eggs in hot weather

Welcome. There are plenty of hen trouble makers also. Congratulations on your swamp cooler idea. Mine have an air conditioner. However I do have an evaporative cooler in the batchelor pad.
Re: evaporative cooler, I see you’re in SC so humid summers, I am in Ontario Cnd and our summers are very humid also, I was thinking of getting a evap cooler for the Hen House and was wondering how you found yours working in your bachelor pad. Does it lower the temps well?

Re: evaporative cooler, I see you’re in SC so humid summers, I am in Ontario Cnd and our summers are very humid also, I was thinking of getting a evap cooler for the Hen House and was wondering how you found yours working in your bachelor pad. Does it lower the temps well?
Evaporative coolers work well with humidity 30% and lower. Once humidity gets higher then this, they don't cool. When water evaporates, it cools the air. When the air is heavy with humidity, water does not evaporate and does not cool.

Evaporative coolers work well with humidity 30% and lower. Once humidity gets higher then this, they don't cool. When water evaporates, it cools the air. When the air is heavy with humidity, water does not evaporate and does not cool.
Yep sure do know how they work 😊

Which is why I questioned the person in SC. Their summers will be way more humid than here likely.

Here is a site containing a chart showing what cooling you can expect with regards to temp vs humidity.

https://www.newair.com/blogs/learn/evaporative-cooler-humidity-chart

Back
Top Bottom