eggs making me ill

brigitte41

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
Hi, my chooks have just started laying, the problem is, if i eat one of the eggs it gives me a stomach ache, its feels like ive got a hard lump lodged in my stomach (bit like indigestion i suppose) ive never had a problem with supermarket eggs, and have always been able to eat them. :( was so looking forward to eating lovely fresh eggs from my girls and now i have to give them away.

i was wondering if anyone else had this problem? or is it just me :(

Will be watching this thread as I've never heard of such. Keep us posted. Maybe your body is rejecting the healthier food after being contaminated by lesser quality food for so long. If that is possible use them when you cook or bake for a while then maybe you'll be accustomed to them. ????

Although it might be a bit rude to ask this of someone, maybe you could ask a brave friend to try one of your eggs to see if they get the same reaction. If they don't, then you'd know for certain that it was just you.

Maybe try some sort of egg wash cleaning solution before you eat them? There is something I've seen at Tractor Supply- some sort of egg wash that maybe you could try and see if it helps. Also, how do you prepare them before you eat them? Maybe you are under cooking or maybe having some sort of egg shell contamination when you crack the egg. Maybe your coop nesting box needs to be cleaned out? How long have you noticed this and how long have you had availability of your own eggs?

Have you for certain narrowed it down to just being your girls' eggs, and not eggs in general? There is evidence that adults can develop allergies and have sudden onset aversions to some food products. Maybe you fall in to that category...Bocktobery 10: great suggestions! Cross contamination could be the culprit, too.

Are you washing them? If so, is it possible that you are using soap or any other strong cleaning agent that may be absorbed into the shell? Has any one else eaten any of these eggs without having a reaction? What are the chickens eating? Do you have any other food or contact allergies??????

Maybe your body's not used to the richness of fresh eggs? That's about the only thing I can come up with. Have you tried using them in baking? If so, how did that work out? Same problem?

A friend of mine has the same problem as you eating store bought eggs. I feed my chickens only Scratch and Peck which is an organic, non soy, non gmo feed and she can eat my eggs with no problem. So it could be what you are feeding your chickens.

A friend of mine has the same problem as you eating store bought eggs. I feed my chickens only Scratch and Peck which is an organic, non soy, non gmo feed and she can eat my eggs with no problem. So it could be what you are feeding your chickens.

This is what I was going to say. First, check for contamination by feces or rats. Then eat store bought eggs to see if you get the same reaction. Then change what you're feeding them. Make sure they don't have any access to fertilizers or pesticides. You may be particularly sensitive to certain chemicals or feed ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom