EGGS SET OVER A COUPLE DAYS- ONE INCUBATOR- help needed!!!!

chicken fever

Songster
7 Years
Jan 30, 2012
dallas, tx
ep.gif
HUGE HELP NEEDED!
ep.gif

This is my first time incubating, so like a dummy....
th.gif
I set eggs over a couple days! I only have one incubatore (Farm Innovator Pro series w/ turner).
WHAT DO I DO WHEN MY FIRST BATCH GOES INTO LOCKDOWN AND MY OTHERS ARENT READY??? Can I make something to put the ones ready for lockdown into that will keep humidity and temp? Any ideas???
hu.gif

HEEEELLLP! I'M KINDA FREAKIN HERE
barnie.gif

How far apart are they? If there are only a couple days between hatches then when the first set is ready for lockdown take out the turner! Mark which eggs are which group! You will have to open quickly to turn the later ones so have a water spray bottle ready with warm water! Turn them quick then mist and close back up! You need around 40% for the first 18 then 65% for lockdown though! That may be a problem! You could try a dry hatch! I haven't but know people that have great luck with them! That just means you fill the reservoirs when you set and ignore till day 18! Then add water again for lockdown! Some people swear by it! I made the same crazy mistake with my bator and it stunk! I set 24 egg that I bought! Then a week later one of my girls decided to restart laying and gave me one every other day for ten days! Sooo.....I set one every other day for ten days! I decided to just get another bator on craigslist! Way easier to deal with my mistake! I have a Little Giant forced air with turner for incubating and a Little Giant still air for hatching! I still use that method now! I set 12 - 14 eggs every Friday and hatch a batch every friday in the other bator! It's awesome! I get 12 - 14 babies every week without fail! FOREVER!!!!!! I will not, can not stop!!!!

They are all close enough together that you can treat them as one batch. I would just take the turner out when the first batch is ready. Mark the first batch, second batch, 3rd batch. At worst between the 2nd. and 3rd batch you may have to reach in quickly and take out chicks. But other than that they should all hatch fine.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom