Aug 17, 2007
Indiana
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I GOT EGGS!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

My boys found one last night and we had another this morning! This is my first time raising chickens and my first egg. My boys and I jumped around the kitchen all excited about our first egg! Our friends and family think we're nuts! I could not wait to get on here and announce my news to people who understand.

Whew! I feel better already.
smile.png

My kids can't wait, although we have a few more months to go... They all are already sorting out their own 'pecking order' as far as who gets to collect eggs on what days.

I remember as a kid collecting eggs with the next door neighbor of this house we rented out. We'd go up there a few times a year to visit family and make repairs, etc. I'd go next door where they had chickens and cows and we'd collect eggs and feed apples to the cows. I think that's why I've always wanted chickens!

I think I was a farmer in a former life...
wink.png

Susan

I'm so jealous. My peeps are 19 weeks but no sign of any eggs. One Buff has gotten redder and larger combs, and the roo is paying attention to the girls. So surely they're close???

hugs.gif

Well my DH laughed that I ran to work and posted my first egg sighting. He just does not understand us chicken people YET! LOL

Back
Top Bottom