Eggs

peafowl_Lover

Songster
Aug 22, 2023
Ireland
So my goose Dandelion has 8 eggs, if I sit in her coop she comes in and rolls the eggs around, when will she sit on them, she sits on them on and off but never properly does thus mean she's getting close to go broody, how many eggs will she want to sit on? This is her first time hatching. I'd love her to hatch as she lost her sister Clover a year ago. So I'd buy her fertile eggs once she goes broody.
Thanks

She is 3 years old, she has been a bit lonely so I want to get her some friends :)
20240127_154929.jpg

just my thoughts. MaMa who was my best broody girl couldn't get fertile with the big gander she matted with but I let her go broody. About 1/2 way through the hatch when she was ready to give up I replaced her eggs with goslings. She grabbed on to the babies and so did the gander. When you have infertile eggs they will give up but the hormones are in mommy made.

she is absolutely beautiful. I’m so sorry she lost her sister. Yes she’s probably still sad and lonely. She definitely needs friends. At least one another goose. It really would be great if she would hatch out some Fertile legs. I wonder if geese can tell if their eggs are fertile or not? like what if she knows that since there’s no gander, there’s no point in going broody?? that would be amazing if they’re that smart

Lovely girl! She will probably wait until she's accumulated at least a dozen eggs before she goes broody. You can tell by the way she will line the nest with her downy feathers that she's getting serious about it.

Back
Top Bottom