Eggshell that had stamp ink ok?

Celticdragonfly

Crowing
May 17, 2018
Saginaw, TX
Is it ok to save eggshells for my chickens that had the Eggland's Best stamp mark on them? JPEG_20190526_211842_9211817190241560092.jpg

If you have England’s best eggs.... maybe it’s time for more chickens?! :oops:
:cool:;)

Oh, DEFINITELY!

We have our first ever chicks. Looks like they may go from the brooder box to the coop tomorrow. They're 4 1/2 weeks old. So - no eggs yet.

And officially we can keep three hens here. I am really hoping that the Texas law passes that will up that number to 6.

On a typical week day, with kids' packing school lunches and a lunch for K. to take to the office - we go through 6 hard boiled eggs a day. So yeah, 3 hens is not going to eliminate us needing to buy eggs. Also, M. makes homemade mayo - and we are so looking forward to trying it with our hens' eggs - and tonight he made up a big batch of tuna salad with some of that mayo, and 6 more hardboiled eggs chopped up and mixed in with the tuna and relish and chopped apple and minced onion.... oooh it was so good ... I've gotten distracted here, but yeah, they're not gonna let me have enough hens for all our eggs!

Food grade. Even the stamp or equipment that applies it has to be food grade. Anything that touches food and is sold has to be food grade.

Sometimes things get grandfathered in, but EB isn’t that old. In addition, if something was found to be hazardous it would no longer be allowed. Food dyes and colorants are actually very regulated.

Your birds eat many more disgusting things anyway. Bugs, poop, bugs in poop to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom