Egyptian Roo killed, can I feed him to the dogs?

Quote:
Wrong, in fact raw chicken is far healthier for them than cooked or processed chicken. The bones are perfectly good for them too as long as they are not cooked.

However I of course agree, do NOT feed it to a dog who kills chickens.
wink.png

ARE YOU CRAZY!!! raw chicken tho wild dog eat and do fine with is not better for anything for the same reason. salimanilla and other things it could give the dog.
dog are carnivors so they were made to eat meat but birds have hollow bones cooked or not they splinter and can.... and most likely get stuck if not in its throat then in its stomic or intestines. if you think that prossesing a chicken before feeding a dog a bird is more detramental then giving it the whole thing then you need to do some reasearch.

dont feed the dog your chicken once it tastes it. it will start killing them. and you dont want to start that.

are you sure the dogs killed it i know that i had a hawk kill one of mine and my german shepard mix hovered over it and licked it and became very "protective" (telling my other dog it was hers not his) but she herself would not kill one... just a thought

EDIT: okay i forgot to say something my dogs are on some thing called the BARF diet.
BIOLOIGICAL ADIQUIT RAW FOOD it is lamb beef even pork i dont think ive seen chicken but i could be wrong dog are desined to eat meat!!! my point is chicken is just way to risky

cook it and i think it will be fine

Last edited:
Quote:
bird are light weight animals they have hollow bones to help with flight (even though chickens are to big to fly even emus and ostrages have this genetic code) they splinter and can get stuck in an animals thoat or bowles i really recoment not letting animals feed on birds even cats.
hahahaha my boxer will eat poo also!! sometimes till he gets sick. hes so skinny my family yells at me and tells me i need to feed him.. i alway say HE EATS EVERYTHING!!!
his food chicken food table scraps and POOP!!!

I have 2 Alaskan Malamutes who eat nothing but raw. I have fed them 3 roosters that had to be dispatched. I don't even process them.....they are quickly killed and then frozen. My dogs get them feathers and all. Freezing them changes the look/feel of the bird, and mine have never been tempted to go after anything that we deem part of our "pack". That being said, they are NEVER allowed to be around the birds/small critters unattended. Mine also get whole rabbit, which have only had the bladder expressed after they are dead and are then frozen immediately.

My male Mal has issues with impacted picky glands if he doesn't get enough bulk in his diet. The feathers and fur off of what ever I feed him provide plenty of bulk and he no longer gets abscessed glands.

Of course if your dog is not familiar with a raw diet, add this type of food in smaller quantities. I've had to use a saw to cut up fowl or rabbits that were too big for one meal. When the item is frozen it is fairly simple to do.

For my family, this has been a good lesson in nothing going to waste. We couldn't keep the roosters due to where we live and were unable to find anyone who wanted a rooster too. So when the time came and they had to be dispatched, we didn't want them to go to waste and be thrown in the garbage. They all made excellent, healthy meals for my dogs.

Another quick thing: No dog should EVER have ANY cooked bone. Cooking is what changes the composition of the bones, making them brittle and prone to shattering. Even beef bones are a no-no if cooked. This was news to me when I started researching raw diets 8 years ago. Raw bones, of any variety, are generally safe for healthy dogs.

Kasey

Last edited:
Alright. I'm going to thaw the roo enough that I can skin and remove his guts. Dogs will get to eat him in cut up portions for dinner tomorrow night and maybe one or two other nights, assuming he smells fine. He weighs about four pounds, would be a shamrock to waste him.

Alright. He's processed and fed to the dogs. Made a carcass slightly larger than a cornish game hen, not bad for a ten week old Egyptian, since they're a pretty small breed.
Skin is black, kind of like a silky, pretty strange looking! Dogs say it tastes like chicken.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom