Electric fence advice.

dianefbarfield

Chirping
Apr 15, 2022
After losing my 9 chickens I am adding more hardware cloth to the run and putting an extricate wire around it. I'm not familiar with this so I got a Patriot energizer and wire. If I use chain link fence insulators, will that mean the wire is hot and not the fence? I'm sorry to be so ignorant. Also, does it jave to be a complete loop or can I skip the gate. Thank you.

After losing my 9 chickens I am adding more hardware cloth to the run and putting an extricate wire around it. I'm not familiar with this so I got a Patriot energizer and wire. If I use chain link fence insulators, will that mean the wire is hot and not the fence? I'm sorry to be so ignorant. Also, does it jave to be a complete loop or can I skip the gate. Thank you.
Electric. Sorry.

Correct. The electrical pulse is not transmitted through the plastic insulators. You can do a straight line of wire and not have wire at the gate but now that is your weak spot that predators can gain access through. You can also nail 2x4s to the gate posts and go up and over the gate or they also sell spring loaded gate handles you disconnect to walk in.

Correct. The electrical pulse is not transmitted through the plastic insulators. You can do a straight line of wire and not have wire at the gate but now that is your weak spot that predators can gain access through. You can also nail 2x4s to the gate posts and go up and over the gate or they also sell spring loaded gate handles you disconnect to walk in.
Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom