electric net goat fence

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
Thinking about using 3ft. Electric net goat fence and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with keeping goats contained with it?? Also what kind of fence charger would be best? I'm only fencing in 160ft. A small run on my property, separate from my main field. Will this fence be suficent enough to contain pygmy goats, 2 does to be specific. Thank you for any advice!

Yea, almost every goat out there would laugh at the 3 foot high fence and leap over it. Even if it is highly charged. It would be high enough for sheep, who aren't to keen on jumping fences (most of the time). Goats see a fence as a challenge that they must conquer!

I had a Nigerian dwarf goat, and it jumped a 6 foot horse fence like it was nothing.
wink.png

Yea, I had a Nigerian girl who could fly over fences like that, too! Nothing to bounce off of, just pure vertical movement and a strong will to get to the other side!

Wow, ya'll are discouaging me :lol: okay, I'm planning to get 4ft woven fence, and run a strand of hot wire, at shoulder lenght so they don't rub it and maybe one at the top??

Wow, ya'll are discouaging me
lol.png
okay, I'm planning to get 4ft woven fence, and run a strand of hot wire, at shoulder lenght so they don't rub it and maybe one at the top??
That would probably work. But is the fence the only one that is going to contain the goats? Is the hot wire fence going to be inside a fenced in property? They still might find a way out (little buggers) and if there isn't another fence keeping them in, well, they are loose.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom