Electric Poultry Netting

One other thing I learned. There really is no difference that I see between the 100' and 164'. I bought the 100' originally because they were labeled as heavier duty. I since bought the 164' and they were the same fence. I believe the price was similar for the 2 different sizes.

Darryl

My chickens can get through the Premier fence even when it is charged. This fence is very expensive. I spent close to $1000 for the entire setup I have. It shocks everything except a chicken and chickens can get through the fence. You need to consider your setup before purchasing.
A note: I have to keep the fence very FAR AWAY from my home so
the chickens don't slip through it constantly every time they see me - or just stay out all the time.
Besides this fact the product is everything they claim it is.

Last edited:
The fence WILL shock a chicken if she touches her comb or wattles to it. I've seen it happen, and it's easy to tell when they do. If you have young chicks or juvenile pullets, they can hop up and through it. But a full grown hen won't fit through it. I've had the fence since Mar. and it has worked perfectly for me. I had one bird fly over the first day the fence was up. I clipped one of her wings, and have not had any problems since.
Jack

The fence WILL shock a chicken if she touches her comb or wattles to it.  I've seen it happen, and it's easy to tell when they do. If you have young chicks or juvenile pullets, they can hop up and through it. But a full grown hen won't fit through it.  I've had the fence since Mar. and it has worked perfectly for me.  I had one bird fly over the first day the fence was up. I clipped one of her wings, and have not had any problems since. 
Jack

x2
Nice fence, I love it and I have 2 164' sections together.

Last edited:
May I ask why you had to dig a trench? My pemier electric netting was just delivered and I was not thinking I needed to dig a trench. I haven't put mine up yet so I am asking to determine if I am not prepared to put this into practice. I would not be able to dig a trench very well.

May I ask why you had to dig a trench? My pemier electric netting was just delivered and I was not thinking I needed to dig a trench. I haven't put mine up yet so I am asking to determine if I am not prepared to put this into practice. I would not be able to dig a trench very well.

Sorry my question was for JackE
Maybe quote the posting that has reference to digging a trench. Not aware of a electronet needing any kind of a trench.

Sounds like he was saying he dug a trench just to run a wire to energize the fence. You wouldn't have to dig a trench unless that's how you wanted to run your power to it.

Back
Top Bottom