Electricity in the Coop

We have electricity running to our rabbit shed and the coop and after this weekend, the duck/turkey coop too. It's soo much easier than extension cords.. even though my husband wasn't exactly thrilled to have to dig those trenches
wink.png

Our coop and shed has electricity. Ran 10/3 w/ground wire from my circuit panel to a junction box in the closest corner of my basement. 4 #2 wire underground to my shed and into a circuit panel, split 3 lines from there, one for the shed, one for the coop and one for the motion detector on the outside of the shed. Used UF 12-2 to go from the shed to the coop. Rented a ditch witch to dig a 24" deep ditch. I think I have enough current to run a welder in my coop (might be an overkill).

In the coop, we have an internal light and an outlet. The outlet is for a heated waterer. Nice set up and plenty of capacity.

we have electrcity too! my dad put a outlet in the coop.....so worth it.
the switch turns on from our kitchen....its cool.
smile.png

Quote:
I smell an electrician!
lol.png

Thanks, but no. My plan was woefully inadequate. Ran into a master electrician in Lowes and he helped me design the wiring. I did do all of the work.

Quote:
I don't think so, but to be safe, cover the wiring that is exposed where the chickens can stand and peck at the wire. Any wire that is exposed where the chicks must be in mid-flight is safe to leave exposed.

both our coups are powered.

underground NM powers both. the second piggy backed off the first.

Ran a 100' extension cord for over a year before that.

Back
Top Bottom