Elvis, appearing nightly in YOUR coop! Central Virginia (Photos)

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I have for offer a roo and his harem of 3 ladies.

polish5.jpg

Elvis is a 37 week old silver laced black cockeral. He has a harem of 3 ladies, 2 white crested black polish and 1 white crested white polish with a smudge of black on a few feathers.

polish3.jpg
polish2.jpg

1 of the black pullets is missing some of the white in her crest due to the attentions of a cuckoo marans roo who pulled her bald in a fit of passion one evening before I could get him off of her and get her out of the main run. She has been treated and is receiving extra protein and the feathers look to be coming back in.

polish1-1.jpg

All three of the pullets are at point of lay. I have been getting 2 or 3 eggs every day for the last 2 weeks. They lay nice white eggs.

polish4.jpg

I am asking $25 for the lot of 4 birds.

If you pick them up by 10 am friday, Feb 8, 2008, I will lower the price to $20 for the 4 of them. I am sorry but I will not ship adult birds.

These birds where part of the chickens/guineas/ducks we rescued back in the summer when they were 4 weeks old. They were in a filthy place without clean water and little food.

polish4.jpg

They have had a very good life here but the time has come to move on.

I must downsize my flock. I will also be culling some of my partridge rocks in the upcoming months.

You may contact me here, through pm or by email using the links on the left under my name. I am located in central Virginia in the triangle of Fredericksburg/Culpeper/Charlottesville.

If you take the birds, please be prepared to have a quarrentine area set up for them for a minimum of 30 days to 6 weeks. While I believe them to be clean and disease free every flock has its own special microcosm of germs. Biosecurity measures should always be in place to insure the health of your current flock.

Thanks for looking!

That rooster is adorable; I'm sure you'll find a good home for him and the ladies. I have a white-crested black Polish hen, and she is so sweet...and very talkative!

Susan

Back
Top Bottom