EMERGENCY: Broody killed all chicks but one egg. Still hope?

LittleBoPeep1

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2015
I have a broody hen that just killed all her chicks but one egg what should I do???? The egg was left alone, and when I tried to put it back under her, it was chirping. It was not sat on for five minutes and jostled around quite a bit.Right now it is not chirping when moved and she is sitting on it and I am watching her....
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your response!!! I have an incubator, should I put it in there? If so, does anyone know with what temp and should I also add a wet sponge for humidity?
99.5 F with forced air 102F with still air. 60% - 70% humidity. If you dont have a hygrometer to chech what the humidity is then yes add a sponge near but nit touching the egg.

image.jpg

Thanks again for the responses! This is the incubator I have. I think still air?? It will take a little while to heat up. Is that okay? Should I just leave the egg under the broody and keep an eye on her?

View attachment 1560861
Thanks again for the responses! This is the incubator I have. I think still air?? It will take a little while to heat up. Is that okay? Should I just leave the egg under the broody and keep an eye on her?
yeah you're going to have to wait until it's at least 95F once you do get it up to temp take the red plugs out too.

This is their first time. There were actually two moms and I believe both killed the chicks ...I guess they will both be for egg production from now on...

Back
Top Bottom