EMERGENCY CALF

Lindsey_Pulver

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2021
PLEASE HELP THIS IS NOT A CHICKEN BUT A CALF I HAVENT BEEN VERIFIED ON BACKYARD HERDS YET
This calf is just laying on the ground not moving I came out to feed him this morning and he was just laying there in a pile of his diarrhea! We just got them yesterday from the woman who sold us them. We got him and he had terrible balance, though he was born at least a day ago. He won't get up, he is super weak. Does anyone have any advice (I know this isn't poultry related)

Attachments

• 20211117_092136.jpg
    20211117_092136.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 8
Do you know if he ever got colostrum(sp?)? It's really important they get it either naturally or the bagged version.

Is his stomach hard? Do you know if he inhaled a lot of air drinking from the bottle?
We made sure he did not get air when drinking. The woman didn't say anything about colostrum this did occur to me though. She also sold us a calf that Is coughing. We gave him some colostrum paste and tried giving him liquid colostrum as well.

I'm not sure what else it could be then, unfortunately. We did bottle lambs years ago, but we only ever had 2 problems and both of those don't line up with what's happening now.

Back
Top Bottom