EMERGENCY!! Chicken's eggs ALL broken by skunk or what predator??!!

Do you she a picture of you coop set up. When you say coop do you mean a run too?
I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you she a picture of you coop set up."? Yes when I say coop I mean coop with a run but a small one I always fence them in my plant yard (with like lemon trees and apple trees.) I don't let them play in their run since it's too tight, instead I let them out (kind of like free ranging them, but in a apple & lemon tree plant area.)

MY COOP LOOKS LIKE THE ONE BELOW:

Attachments

• Fortson+Chicken+Coop+with+Chicken+Run+For+Up+To+3+Chickens.jpg
    Fortson+Chicken+Coop+with+Chicken+Run+For+Up+To+3+Chickens.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 16
Hello Show Sebright, my coop is 3 x 4 since I have only 4 chickens, and my whole big cardboard nest box can't fit into a 3 x 4 coop. i'll try to tell the person that will watch my chickens while i'm gone to close the coop, but the problem is if my chicken watcher closes the coop door at night, she can't come the next morning to my house early at 8am to unlock it for my chickens. It's a very tight situation but I will do as much as possible.

Thanks for your help,
Valerie
Yikes, can u get a house-sitter with chicken experience who can take care of them? That sounds like a TINY space .. And dangerous if it gets too warm.?

Yikes, can u get a house-sitter with chicken experience who can take care of them? That sounds like a TINY space .. And dangerous if it gets too warm.?
Hello PDXJULES, as I said in one of my threads that I don't trap them in their small run or anything like that, I fence them around my lemon and apple tree area so that they can at least have some freedom to run around (plus when I'm going on the 1 week trip, I will free range them.) I have went on trips before leaving my chickens in their backyard by them-selves and when I returned home they are all healthy and in good condition. But since then this 1 skunk appeared and that kind of made everything concerning. I'm not quite sure if I can get a house-sitter right now.

Depending on you state rules (or how willing you are to violate them), you could live trap the skunk and kill it...or.... use a trap that kills.

I will live trap and then shoot from a distance with a 22.

Skunks got 26 of my chicks this year.

You could also buy a high powered pellet gun, one from a sporting goods store and wait for the skunks and spotlight with a headlamp and shoot it.
Wow, thats dangerous, I honestly will try to trap it and release it somewhere?? I still haven't found the right solution yet.

Thanks,
Valerie

Back
Top Bottom