emergency disease

zakialyan

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 23, 2013
I have 2- 4 months chickens and there is like this disease that is causing eye shut but without any thing just eyes shut and sneeezing and weakness whta shouod I do they have there eyes shut all the time?

It sounds like your flock has some sort of respiratory disease, which is relatively common with chickens. Respiratory diseases can sometimes be treated with antibiotics (if the disease is bacterial), but can't really be treated if they are viral. Still, lets asume your disease is bacterial and treatable.

Unless the whole flock is affected, I would isolate the sick birds in a warm, clean place. Put some poultry vitamins/electrolytes in their water to boost their immune system and encourage them to eat/drink. Then I would purchase a good antibiotic; Tylan50 injectable or oxytetracycline (duramycin, terramycin, tetroxy hca-280, etc.) are fine choices. Determine the dosage (it varies with each product), and treat your birds with the antibiotics. I do know that the Tylan50 injectable dosage is 1cc for large fowl, .5ccs for bantams, injected into one side of the breast once a day for 5 days.

If the disease is viral, you can't do much other than give supportive care (vitamins, rest, warmth, etc.), treat with antibiotics to prevent secondary infections, and see if their systems can fight the disease off.

Good luck

I really don't have any close animal vets or medics pharmacy close by is there any human pharmacy that have human medicine that should work like refresh medics for eyes I guess

I really don't have any close animal vets or medics pharmacy close by is there any human pharmacy that have human medicine that should work like refresh medics for eyes I guess

You can purchase Tylan 50 at TSC, or your feed store might carry it... It's a injectable and good for respitory ... Do you they have a nasty smell?

Yes they have the worst smell I can smell

Sounds like Infectious Coryza. Treatment is sulfadimethoxine or sulmet given in conjunction with tylan 50. It would be best to cull, disinfect everything with oxine and repopulate in 6 months.
Here's a link to respiratory diseases in poultry. Scroll down to Infectious Coryza and read about it you wish:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Back
Top Bottom