emergency duck egg rescue incubation

That's why I was so surprised too I though they would be a little further from the most area most trafficked by people but they were so close to the picnic area and no more than maybe 20 yards from the road in and parking lot, there were hardly any ducks there the last time I was there (2 or 3 years ago) so I'm guessing their new young ducks there cuz there were solo many this time and a pair of Canadian geese (I think that's what there called) which I hadn't seen before either. Also one more question how often do I turn them? Twice a day?

Most people say at least 3 times a day. More if its practical for you. Odd number of times though, so opposite sides are up each night, which will usually be the longest time between turnings. Auto turners do it every 2 hours, at least i think that's the norm with most brands.
And most people recommend marking them with pencil with an X and an O to remember which side you are on.
While my eggs were waiting to be put in, i left a sheet of paper next to them, and wrote down what time i turned, but I'm a little extra anal that way lol.

I like the idea of taking notes of time turned, that's super smart! Thank you! I will turn them as often as possible and make sure xs up one night and os the next night. I have tried to find what type they are but I haven't seen any exactly like the ones I saw, I wish I could upload the pic on my phone of the 3 I got a somewhat Ok picture of ( they were all really far out on the water but these ones came a little closer when itossed a couple cheese its out in an attempt to get a picture of some of them I'll try to get the pic uploaded

If you have trouble with pics from your phone, I've found the only way I can do it is to scroll to the bottom of the page and switch to desktop mode, to upload a pic. I know it used to work in mobile mode, but stopped for me. But switching to desktop mode, I can do it. Sometimes takes a little adjusting of the window size because the popup window where you insert resizes itself. A pain. But then you can switch right back to mobile.

These were the 3 closest I could get a pic of. The middle one looked beige and white and the last one looked gray not brown but a bluish gray and the front one had a green head white chest and some belly and a dark dark brown almost black back and feathers, my cell phone takes terrible pictures I need an upgrade badly :(

I'm going to candle in about an hour or so to see what they look like :) I'll let you know as soon as I do XD fingers crossed

So far I definitely saw veins in 3 and the other 3 look good just not as clear on the veins, one of the water logged ones was a did no development, I'll candle again in 2 days and let you know for sure but right now I would say at least 3 look definitely alive!!! :)

Great news! Good luck with these guys and keep us updated! :)

The ducks are too small in your pic to really see what they could be, but the middle one looks like some domestic hybrid possibly?

Back
Top Bottom