EMERGENCY! Duck is gagging and distressed!

I'm extremely allergic. And being the smartypants that I am, she shook it all over me, I had a bunch of it fall onto my hand and I absentmindedly licked it off. ><;;
Well i sure hope you both will be okay. you licked it off??
tongue.png

Well i sure hope you both will be okay. you licked it off??
tongue.png

It was all over my hand and I reactively licked it because it was cherry-flavored and smelled good. Like I said...I'm a bonehead.
big_smile.png

I just rushed home to give it to her as fast as I could after the vet visit! I didn't even realize it was sulfa until someone asked in this thread and I saw the telltale initials "TMS" and my brain tried to commit seppuku from my idiocy. Note to self: Read label first, THEN administer the drug. You will avoid a lot of swollen tongues and vomiting that way.

Last edited:
It was all over my hand and I reactively licked it because it was cherry-flavored and smelled good. Like I said...I'm a bonehead.
big_smile.png

I just rushed home to give it to her as fast as I could after the vet visit! I didn't even realize it was sulfa until someone asked in this thread and I saw the telltale initials "TMS" and my brain tried to commit seppuku from my idiocy. Note to self: Read label first, THEN administer the drug. You will avoid a lot of swollen tongues and vomiting that way.
yuckyuck.gif
honestly I am not laughing about throwing up and swollen tongue but just the way you described it all.

yuckyuck.gif
honestly I am not laughing about throwing up and swollen tongue but just the way you described it all.

You shoulda seen my husband. He kept asking me questions with answers that had "T" and "S" sounds. On purpose. "Hey Amy, how do you spell "Mississippi"? ...And then he got a pillow to the face. :p

Wobs seems to be doing okay, the nasal whistle is still there but her energy and spirits seem to be up.The vet said depending on how long she's harbored this it may have stunted her growth a bit, which is a bit worrying, thinking back to when she first started sneezing on week 1 of life. I don't know why her other vet insisted she didn't need antibiotics, just saline flushes.

Last edited:
You shoulda seen my husband. He kept asking me questions with answers that had "T" and "S" sounds. On purpose. "Hey Amy, how do you spell "Mississippi"? ...And then he got a pillow to the face. :p

Wobs seems to be doing okay, the nasal whistle is still there but her energy and spirits seem to be up.The vet said depending on how long she's harbored this it may have stunted her growth a bit, which is a bit worrying, thinking back to when she first started sneezing on week 1 of life. I don't know why her other vet insisted she didn't need antibiotics, just saline flushes.
Some vets just don't have a clue when it comes to poultry, I'm glad this vets sounds like she/he knows what they are talking about. Glad to hear Wobs is feeling better. I know you'll be relieved to get this behind you, and she just maybe a tiny lil call duckling just a bit tinier than normal. As long as she's healthy i doubt you'll mind. eh?

Back
Top Bottom