Emergency - duckling bit a bee/wasp

this is her. Her name is Mr. Ducky, lol. My fiancé named her.

Her brother is Frankenduck

English plantain or another plant called dock (genus Rumex) are used on people for stings.

But I don't know if they have been used for ducklings.

Last edited:
There's not any kind of store, not a drug store or grocery store closer? Even grocery stores typically sell that. Also, if you have neighbors who have children, there's a good chance they'll have some.

I can ask my fiancé to pick some up from town. He's in town right now but I'm not sure when he will be back. She seems to be improving. She's peeping more normal, drinking plenty now, pecking at the ground. Still a little wobbly. Man that was scary tho. I will ask my fiancé to pick up the children's Benadryl on his way home. And I will keep a constant eye on her but she seems to be on the mend.i think she might have been in shock from pain. Thank you all for your suggestions and if you have any more advice I would love to hear it.

A duckling stung by a bee? Have you ever heard of such a crazy thing??

I have a human scale but it doesn't go low enough to weigh a duckling. She can't be more than a few ounces, she's very small. She's improving incredibly rapidly tho. She's preening now and standing just fine.

I can ask my fiancé to pick some up from town. He's in town right now but I'm not sure when he will be back. She seems to be improving. She's peeping more normal, drinking plenty now, pecking at the ground. Still a little wobbly. Man that was scary tho. I will ask my fiancé to pick up the children's Benadryl on his way home. And I will keep a constant eye on her but she seems to be on the mend.i think she might have been in shock from pain. Thank you all for your suggestions and if you have any more advice I would love to hear it.

A duckling stung by a bee? Have you ever heard of such a crazy thing??
If you don't already have one, and you can afford it, have your fiancé buy a kitchen scale.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom