Emergency!!! Egg on 25th day

I have 8 pipped welsh harlequin eggs..they have been pipped and quiet for over 12 hours...
yikes....don't want to help them, so I guess I'll have to be patient also. I am keeping my
humidity high !!!!

The only worry i am really having is I dont know what they are suppose to look like as far membranes
and all that. Not knowing what is right and not, so not sure how i could help if i dont even understand
what to look for or how to fix or help if needed. Just praying they all come out fine without any problems
because i have no knowledge on this part of it. Thanks so much for your help. I got up this morning & 2
have externaly pipped. So still waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!

The only worry i am really having is I dont know what they are suppose to look like as far membranes
and all that. Not knowing what is right and not, so not sure how i could help if i dont even understand
what to look for or how to fix or help if needed. Just praying they all come out fine without any problems
because i have no knowledge on this part of it. Thanks so much for your help. I got up this morning & 2
have externaly pipped. So still waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!
What you're lookin for after External pip is the Zip. They will make a hole... rest awhile and then start turning and pecking, turning and pecking.. to where you see a crack all the way around the top of the shell and then they'll pop the top off and come out.

Let me see if I can find a pic of one of mine.

http://www.abirdyphotos.com/photoga...04_11608through11629_FirstHatchLtGrnBkGrd.jpg

Ok this isn't my pic, but the top left pic is what a Zip will look like. Sometimes it's not even that obvious and is a hair line fracture. Then they pop out! And then we are happy. (and get some sleep.) :)
wink.png

I have 9 babies now but they started over 24 hrs ago - so just continue to be patient. One of my very 1st pips is still very slow but still sticks his beak out occasionally he might just be the last one out!

Well all 5 have made a external pip. So i am just beyond excited.
Will there be alot of yolky stuff or blood that comes out also when they
completely hatch? Thats the part i would love to know so i will know
what im looking for when they come out enough for me to see. Thanks
alot !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom