Emergency ! Help needed !

Please explain how you "tried to empty it to relieve the pressure."

That poor bird needs to be put down. Its cruel to let them suffer like that.
I pressed it a bit as it seemed to be filled with poop and it separated right away.

Is this on her belly area? As in down closer to her legs? Or more towards her neck?

Im not sure it matters one way or another, something internal rupturing like that would need some serious vet intervention. Maybe an abscess? I can't wrap my head around the poop part and something that can fall off...

Poop would not be in the crop.

This wound is big enough that it would need to heal by second intention. Meaning that food/water will come out until it can close on it's own. I personally would seriously consider euthanasia if you've never dealt with serious injuries.

@Wyorp Rock and @casportpony would you come take a look please?

Last edited:
Is this on her belly area? As in down closer to her legs? Or more towards her neck?

Im not sure it matters one way or another, something internal rupturing like that would need some serious vet intervention. Maybe an abscess? I can't wrap my head around the poop part and something that can

Could be an abscess. I've never seen cropbound that bad to where it opens. They usually die. So did you try to

Poop would not be in the crop.

This wound is big enough that it would need to heal by second intention. Meaning that food/water will come out until it can close on it's own. I personally would seriously consider euthanasia if you've never dealt with serious injuries.

@Wyorp Rock and @casportwyorpwould you come take a look please?
I can take her to a vet right now and see what he advises.

Back
Top Bottom