Emergency incubation- crushed egg!!

Yeah i just don’t know I am really worried, I have saved one before like that but I think it was a few days later. The humidity in the incubator keeps going up and down, so I just don’t know. I’ll candle it later tonight and see if I have movement, had some this last night but checked and hour ago and couldn’t t see much.

what’s liquid bandage?
Liquid Bandage is an antibacterial liquid that you paint on and it dries clear, forming a protective barrier. You can buy it at many drugstores and grocery stores. (if you use it on an open wound, it has a pretty good sting to it!)

Checked again tonight, the ‘pyramid shadow’ is larger and almost panting in movement, there is ‘clicking’, and I swear I heard peeping...
Maybe you did...when a chick is preparing to hatch, especially when zipping, you may hear it cracking the shell from inside. If it's moving, that's a good sign! :fl

Helped hatch 6am this morning, was shrink wrapped but all is well! Yay! Veins all dried up, left egg shell with umbilical cord attached, but chick is not stuck to any membrane. Popped under mum so hope it recovers well and I have a happy fluffy chick when I get home!

Helped hatch 6am this morning, was shrink wrapped but all is well! Yay! Veins all dried up, left egg shell with umbilical cord attached, but chick is not stuck to any membrane. Popped under mum so hope it recovers well and I have a happy fluffy chick when I get home!
That's the best news! Hopefully momma hen will be happy with her littles. Post some pics if you can :)

Awesome job! Please take pictures!!

SH*T. Got home, the other chick is half hatched, half of shell smashed and dirty and cold. One hatched this morning not well at all.... I don't know if it will make it. Mum got out of the rabbit hutch with her two day old baby and I am guessing rejected the other two. So this mornings hatching has closed eyes, slow, panting, small chirps and small breaths, very very lethargic. Popped both of them straight back to the incubator when they can get warm and safe. What do I do!!! Second one had bit of blood from umbilical, still left attached to egg. Again this one was shrink wrapped (Lets call this one Smash 2), one from this morning is Smash 1). Not letting this hens have eggs again, she's a b*tch.

This is why I usually hatch them myself and then start stuffing them under my hens overnight once they are on their feet! If they are in the incubator and still have yolk left to absorb they should be ok! But I like to supplement their energy after something like that using a vitamin and sugar water boost. Make sure you keep them with you in the incubator until they are walking about confidently since mum doesnt have the patience to wait for them.

Back
Top Bottom