Maka

Chirping
Sep 30, 2023
Okay. So my quail has a huge swell on her joint. And it’s not going away. It has doubled in size over the weeks I don’t have an avian vet near me at all. The closest one is 200 miles away or so. They just are not common in my area.

I saw someone on here who lanced their birds and I cannot find the post. I am panicking bc I have a choice I have to make. And my hope is to keep her and help her out.

It has doubled in size from the photos below. I really really can’t touch her unless I’m going to do something about it. I just don’t want to harass her and have her injure herself more.

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4504.jpeg
    IMG_4504.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 8
Do I see a sore on her other foot? This looks like infection to me. You might try calling the vet to see if they can recommend an antibiotic and a dose, but without knowing what the infection is, the antibiotic may or may not work.

Do I see a sore on her other foot? This looks like infection to me. You might try calling the vet to see if they can recommend an antibiotic and a dose, but without knowing what the infection is, the antibiotic may or may not work.
That’s poop. 😬

I actually got her like this and didn’t realize.

I have tried. But none of the vets will do anything about avian stuff bc they don’t have anything available. They basically do a visual inspection as a “Pocket Pet” in my area.

Back
Top Bottom