Emergency resuce......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ok, so when a friend called me to tell me about an emergency rescue that I needed to help out I ran as fast as I could. Grabbed the transport box and headed on down the road.

GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I said I would help a rescue out and take another one in, this is NOT what I expected!!!!
    Thus, here is my new roo.... Need to name him.
    WHAT am I going to do with him???????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AZChickenQueen

AZChickenQueen Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2012
    Ummm...Colonel Sanders?? [​IMG]

3. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Has 'Bird met him yet?

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Wow...someone spent a lot of time cutting and placing all those feathers....sorry, I'm an artist and I've done that before....time consuming...lol

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's so cute! I want a chicken that big! Talk about a Jersey Giant......

6. i had to laugh. The feathers are cut out of poster board. The entire frame is made out of wood -comb and beak is painted wood. The feathers are glued on really well. The legs are wood and covered iwth bubble wrap then painted orange. the entire thing is mounted on a wooden platform with 4 carry straps. It is so darn funny. I just love it. I have to figure out a way to replace the poster board feathers with something plastic or rubber for feathers. I have to put this thing outside the coop as 'lawn art'.

It was so sweet of my friends to find this for me. made my day. It had to take someone a lot of work to make this.

Ahhhh.... nope... 'Bird has not seem him yet. Are you kidding me? a new roo in the coop is enough for right now. Lets deal with that one first. I am gonna give the poor big guy a heartattack.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I'd hate to feed that thing!

8. I walked outside to get in my truck this am and took one look at it in the garage and laughed just as hard as last night. Maybe i should put it on the porch like people do the cement geese and dress him up for the holidays?????

[​IMG]

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Perfect!

10. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    How about "Big Bird". Bird may not see the humor in that.

You must post a photo of the look on his face when he sees this for the first time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by