EMERGENCY sick goose

Apostrophe

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2022
My almost three months old goose was acting fine just last night but this morning when I went to check on him he was lethargic and can't seem to stand up. He is only mildly interested in drinking water or eating. His head keeps tipping to the side like he has a hard time keeping it up. His wings are also drooping. I'm not sure what happened, I can't seem to find any visible injury to him , although, his feathers do seem ruffled in some places

My almost three months old goose was acting fine just last night but this morning when I went to check on him he was lethargic and can't seem to stand up. He is only mildly interested in drinking water or eating. His head keeps tipping to the side like he has a hard time keeping it up. His wings are also drooping. I'm not sure what happened, I can't seem to find any visible injury to him , although, his feathers do seem ruffled in some places
Well, I just got new information from my brother who went out there earlier this morning, that he found him on his back with his head pulled through the bars of his coup with a hole next to it. So I'm thinking something grabbed him during the night. He doesn't have any actual wounds but is kind of ruffled. It's possible our dogs chased it away before it could actually do something. If this is really what happened, what is the best way for me to care for him?

He might have suffered a stroke or some other injury to his brain when he was attacked. Geese can recover from it if the damage isn’t too bad, just give him time and keep him calm. @Aunt Angus suggestion is exactly what should be done.

How is he doing now?

Back
Top Bottom