Emergency Volunteers: Firefighters, EMT's, First Responders

We use it for rapid extrication such as when the pt needs to be gotten out quickly or you do not have a ked. Or mutiple pt's and you run out of supplies.
I've seen it put on 2 different ways. The way I like best is the way kassaundra described. The other way was laying the middle of the blanket under the chin of the pt and crossing it around the back of the neck, bring the ends in front and then crossing it again over the chest and then under the arms.

Quote:
Your pts must not be as big as ours then we have lots o'bigguns whose neck is bigger then thier heads! The no neck size isn't no neck enough, to fit correctly, and in my opinion a poorly fit c-collar is more dangerous then no c-collar.

It may be a legal issue in Georgia or something but I have never seen that done or heard of anyone doing that. With all the c-collar options that were on the HMC trucks I don't remember ever not finding one that fit.

Last edited:
It's not only not fitting around it is also fitting from the shoulder to under the ear, and getting the chin seated correctly.

We have one c-collar option for pedi, and one for adults on our trucks the adjustable size.

Just got horrible news. A crew at my service was transporting a pt from a fatal accident when they were involved in an mvc, all the crew and pt were flown from the scene, in serious and critical condition.

Seems like the medics will be okay, still haven't heard about the passenger/pt. All the news reports indicate the other driver went lt of center and struck the ambulance head on. I know the medic driving and she is very safty conscious, not a "hot dogger" at all.

Back
Top Bottom