Emotional times :(

Suep666

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 10, 2014
Having a very emotional day... Here's our attempt to snap my little black rock out of her broodiness ... And I'm not too proud to admit I've shed a few tears over it..

My instincts are always to make my animals/pets the most comfortable and perfect life possible so confining her to a smaller area with no comfy warm bedding to snuggle up in has been a nightmare...not to mention the heartbreaking looks her friend that she was raised with was giving her was just too much to bear...

I really hope this works...and quickly..feel like reporting myself to the RSPCA

(

I know .. Have to keep telling myself it's best for her.. She's been broody for a good while and isn't snapping out of it so had to try this.. Shes got a bit skinny too.. And it's upsetting the others and giving them laying issues
1f625.png
fingers crossed it won't take long

I think most people on this site would sympathise with you.

I have a Broody sitting on eggs at the moment, with today being Day 20. I am seeing no movement and hearing no chirping.

She has been so good, not leaving the nest, and has lost a lot of weight. I will be heart-broken for HER if she doesn't get a live chick at the end of all this.

To make matters worse, her flock-mate is now on her way to going Broody too. I have to lift her off the nest two or three hours after laying, or she would stay there all day. I feel like the wicked witch of the west!

If I had my way, I would just let them all raise chicks, but the prospect of 1000 chickens is not as appealing to my hubby as it is to myself! I guess sometimes we just have to do what is best for everyone....as much as we dislike doing so.

I hope your girl's broodiness is broken quickly so that she can get back to her regular life. It's hard, isn't it?

- Krista

Yeah it really is.. Plus I've got another girl who broke the top of her beak off so we've been having to feed her pellets mixed with water so she can eat it ok.. And now I've got another girl who looks a little pale and lethargic.. So searching the forum for help on this.
All happening at once and it's hard to keep up.. :( and putting her in 'chicken prison' is so hard..

Back
Top Bottom