Empty crop for several days

macdowall

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
I have a one and a half year old Barred Rock. She has always been my girl with the biggest crop every night. The last few nights she has had absolutely no crop at all. Flat as can be. Tonight it felt like there was a bit in there but it was squishy. She has been eating and drinking and maybe seems a tiny bit off but not truly sick. She also seems like she is going through a bit of a moult and isn't laying any eggs. Also, her roo has been pecking at her feet at night and trying to drag her off her perch. I have no idea if any of these things are related but trying to give as much info as possible. Any ideas?

They are in a moult right now. I've put vitamins in all the water and some DE around in case of any mites or such.. Thanks!

I would physically check my chickens once in a while for lice and mites, especially under the vent. I got a big surprise recently after a friend gave me a new young rooster. I always pick mine up and look for bugs, bumblefoot, vent gleet, and feel how skinny or fat they are about once a month.

Back
Top Bottom