empy box from Murray mcmurray

I am so sorry that is horrible.

Well I have never ordered from them and have no intentions of doing so.

There was the whole water contamination thing they went through, lots of dead chicks arriving from them to people here or unhealthy/weak chicks arriving.

I just have no interest in them. I ordered my girls from Meyer Hatchery and they were wonderful. I paid a little extra for small order but the girls came tucked in a little straw nest with a heating pad under them and they arrived in less than 36 hours from hatch. Their customer service is awesome and when/if I order via mail again...it will be Meyer and no one else.

It's actually a combination of both, PO and hatchery. As I mentioned, the box was NOT SEALED when it left the hatchery. I know feces occurs with wild abandon at times but this looks like mishandling beginning from the point of origin and deteriorating from there. Many thanks for the support, guys. Just needed to vent for a while. Quess I need to invest in a good incubatator and get some hatching eggs from some ya'll. I'll be putting feelers out soon. I'll be looking for some silkies of all colors and some partridge rocks, partidge cochins and BLR Wyandottes. Appreciate the referrels if you can!!

I have incubators and lots of breeds and roosters, but I STILL put in an order with the hatchery, as I wanted to have some different layer breeds for my table flock. It never ends....for people with no restraint, like me.
tongue.png

Go and order some more chicks. It will help you feel better. Meyer is sending me my order March 30, and I got some rare and popular breeds that weren't available anywhere else until into June.

Quote:
I never said the PO opened the box, but it stands to reason that someone connected with them did somewhere along the way between the hatchery and her PO. Those chicks didn't open the box on their own.

They send out the boxes sealed? From my shipped chicks, I don't remember the boxes being sealed, just the cardboard lid pressed on.

Sounds like someone broke in and stole them in transit.

Back
Top Bottom