Emu egg time again.............

Quote:
do you sell them as fertilized or blown? I just got 4 Emus, looks like they are about to lay and just not sure yet should I just let them hatch whatever does hatch or should I intervene and use an incubator ?

I think I fit 5 or so in my hovabator last time.
lol.png
If you want a lot of eggs, then keep taking them and incubate them or sell them. If you want to let the parents hatch their own then let them build up in the nest till they set them.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Just wondering, do you hatch them in the hovabaotor or do you put them in a hatcher? Just seems like they'd be too tall for the hova bator once they hatched and tried to stand.

Quote:
Just wondering, do you hatch them in the hovabaotor or do you put them in a hatcher? Just seems like they'd be too tall for the hova bator once they hatched and tried to stand.

I let them hatch in the bator and as soon as they are out and start holding their head up, i move them into a brooder as they are too tall for the bator.

Quote:
I do believe their has to be a female around. A male might start getting broody if you placed 5 emu eggs in a nest, but I'm not sure on that one. I do believe the bonding of both male and female and picking out the nest spot brings it on in the male to set eggs........

Chicken zoo or anyone for that matter

If you are getting fertile eggs, and ship...I am looking for at least 4 more to hatch this year to add to my Emu farm. My 4 Emu's aren't even a year old yet, so I don't expect any eggs yet.

SO looking to buy at least 4 to incubate this winter.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom